The Association for Vision Rehabilitation and Employment, Inc. and its supporting Foundation for Vision Rehabilitation and Employment, Inc. are committed to the highest level of integrity and transparency with respect to our philanthropic and solicitation activities. We understand trust and confidence in the organization seeking support are integral to the philanthropic decisions of current and prospective donors. In that spirit, the Association and the Foundation declare that donors have the following rights.
- To be informed about the missions of the Association and the Foundation, the way both intend to use donated resources, and our capacity to use donations effectively and for their intended purpose.
- To be informed about those who serve on the Association and Foundation governing Boards of Directors, and to expect those Boards to exercise prudent judgment in their stewardship.
- To have access to the most recent financial statements of the Association and the Foundation.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purpose for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law and in keeping with donor wishes.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the Association or Foundation or hired solicitors.
- To be assured that the Association and the Foundation do not share nor sell donor information.
- To be encouraged to ask questions when making or considering a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
This list of Donors Rights is an adaptation of a statement developed by the American Association of Fund Raising Council (AAFRC), the Association for HealthCare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) and the Association of Fundraising Professionals as adopted in November 1993.